What is Arnica?
Arnica is basically a perennial herb belonging to the sunflower (Asteraceae) family. It is native to the mountains of Europe and Siberia. Arnica plant grows to a height of 1 to 2 feet and bears yellow-orange flowers resembling daisies. It possesses bright green leaves, the upper leaves are toothed and slightly hairy while the lower leaves have rounded tips. The stalks are round, fleshy, and hairy. The yellow-orange flowers of this herb have medicinal value. Extracts from fresh and dried flower heads are used in Homeopathic preparations for the treatment of several health conditions.
The oil extracted from Arnica flowers is used in oil, shampoo and conditioners for treating unwanted scalp conditions, ensuring the growth of hair and boosting its overall beauty significantly. The extract oil has long been known for its healing (especially anti-inflammatory, soothing and rejuvenating) properties. However, modern researches have revealed its excellent benefits for hair and hence, it is now used as a primary ingredient of many hair care products.
Here are the major benefits of arnica oil for our locks:
- Regular scalp massage with this oil can help you a lot in fighting hair loss issues. It provides nourishment to the scalp and invigorates it, thereby stimulating hair follicles to support the growth of new hair.
- It feeds your hair follicles properly and makes the hair roots stronger. As a result, the elasticity of each and every strand goes higher, which eventually gives you less hair in your brush during combing.
- It keeps the scalp free from excess oil, sebum, dirt and debris, while maintaining its natural health and shine. According to researchers, the oil possesses amazing anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties. Therefore, you do not need to experience issues like dandruff, itchy scalp, infections, etc. while using it.
- You can get rid of split ends by massaging your scalp with this oil regularly.
- It increases the circulation of blood throughout the scalp to a large extent and prevents the premature graying of your hair efficiently.
- A healthy scalp means a bunch of healthy and strong hair. In other words, arnica oil provides complete nourishment to your hair and makes it thick, soft, smooth, frizz-free and beautiful.
How to use ?
Apply Arnica oil in your hair atleast two hour before washing your hair or use every day before going to bed